J'nder sent the following report to TMN:
Here's some sketches from the recent Trillbane trip which my erstwhile clan-mate Hunter organized.
The exiles assembled in CD and Hunter explained the plan. We successfully made it to Trillbane, and many exiles were able to study. Trillbane was in a very chatty mood, and told us that the Orga had a new "god"! We asked if it were Bartok, and Trillbane told us he thought that was the god's name. We resolved to attack Bartok in his lair.
Bartok's stronghold was well defended.
We had to retreat many times to regroup and heal.
Eventually we managed to enter the main hut to find the Orga worshiping Bartok. That's Bartok telling the Orga to send us to purgatory.
We fought to remove the Orga defending Bartok.
Bartok was down to yellow! We had to retreat at this point only to encounter Orga reinforcements outside. Everyone eventually fell.
Bartok came to gloat. Creed told him he was ugly! Bartok thought that Creed was ugly and explained why.
He thought Ustral was pretty though and admired his horns!
Then Bartok summoned his "cook," and we departed rather hastily not wanting to be roasted on a spit!
It was a fun hunt!
-J'Team & OWE
Kitlin sent the following report to TMN:
Good Mr. Paramedic,
I was recently invited to join good Ms. Fiona and her compatriots on an expedition to the Earth Wyrm cave.
The aspect I appreciate about the locale is the minimal dashing about.
I rarely have encountered so many of the creatures and felt it was worth relating to your readers.
Now all exiles can try their hands at working in the Thoom publishing business!
What a great way to celebrate this month's 10-year (OOC) anniversary of TMN.
Chaos Storm #756 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments. If you don't want to read possible spoilers, please do not read any further!
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v756:
I read about eight newspapers in a day. When I’m in a town with only one newspaper, I read it eight times. — Will Rogers (1879–1935)
* Books now read a little easier.
* Happy 10th Anniversary to ThoomCare!
* No crashes in 534 days and counting. The record is 723 days.
* You’ll have to explore to find the rest of this storm’s changes.
Hunter sent the following announcement to TMN:
I'm planning an excursion through the Orga Stronghold to Trillbane and I'd like to spread the word. It'd be great to see some old faces out of the library! It's been a while since folks got roasted by lightning and whacked some Orga. I bet Trillbane has been lonesome out there. Katpus isn't much for conversation. So we'll grace them with our presence and help some good pathfinders train with Trillbane. One never knows what we'll encounter. Maybe we can say hello to Bartok's vengeful nephew Randall or just make merry with the usual medley of maleficent Orga. It should be a fun, explosive little venture.
This will be happening on Sunday, May 27, at 2:30PM Eastern U.S. time. All are welcome!
Connie Crete sent the following report to TMN:
So there it were mosey time. Initial, I had me and Prowl fer fighters, Dae, Tharloch, and Yot fer healers, and Kvynn fer expert stragety advice. Gived tha two fighters and 2 really solid runner-types, I thoughted Ash Valley would be a perfect mosey. After all, once yer det from pebbles, ya gots no stress on actually doin sumthin. Eventual Diana, Fiona, and Dande camed too.
So tha "sensible" strategy be ta go n and zu fort a wall. Tha stragety I likes is "fight near tha ladder and go downstairs when hurted," Kvynn as ya kin see in tha pitcher wanned ta try plan A. We had a good time and retreated a fair chunk but Tharloch were really good at runnin around keepin tha ladder clear fer tha retreat.
Then it were Clair-break time and Prowl had ta hit tha books but she said initial she couldnt stay past clairbreak. We grabbed Serv and went off ta tha Darshak Doggys. Kilt lots o doggys. Kilt a pup but were fergitn Serv collected puppies fer tha Darshak PSPCA. So we went and founded her two more ta give ta tha civic minded darshaks. Then tha mosey were over. Had a good time fallin ta doggies and munkies trip.
Wadda Repellia is selling waterproof cloaks!
Natas reports finding a vendor for waterproof boots as well.
Chaos Storm #753 has swept the Lok'Groton island chain. Please post any changes you have observed and wish to share with others in the comments. If you don't want to read possible spoilers, please do not read any further!
Delta Tao's "What's New" for v753:
I’m fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go — The Beatles
* Rain and snow should no longer leak into interior locations. Please /BUG any noticeable problems with the repairs.
* New fashionable ways to stay warm and dry.
* I know; promises, promises... But we’re told that “It should now be easier to access certain easy paths.” Please /BUG any difficulties.
* No crashes (of our own making) in 513 days and counting. The record is 723 days. However...
* For reasons of hygiene, our hosting provider needed to move all the gerbils into nice new clean cages — not just ours. Some of the less-well-behaved gerbils (again, not ours) found the dislocation upsetting, and made their displeasure known, as gerbils will.
* Our gerbils, politely covering their ears and noses, were thereby prevented from pedalling as vigorously as they normally do, which is why there’s been unusually bad lag for the past couple of weeks.
* On the 21th, conditions got so dire in one particular rack of cages that all its occupants, guilty and innocent alike, had urgently to be hosed off and (re-) rehoused afresh. To the hapless victims (like us) this had the appearance of a crash, even though it wasn’t one really.
* Fortunately that marked the episode’s nadir; we were back online within minutes after the last gerbil finished towelling off. And since then, the rabble-rousers seem to be growing accustomed to their new burrows, so harmony is gradually returning to the power plant.
* During these excitements, we happened to notice, quite incidentally, that a few of our gerbils had become slightly too fat and complacent in their comfortable previous housing. So we’ve put them onto a healthful slimming diet.
* You’ll have to explore to find the rest of this storm’s changes.
Coldy sent the following report to TMN:
I, the blue fen, have some sad news to report. My pet ponycorn, George, escaped from his jar and flew away. He was beloved by all who met him, especially Chance and Creed. We led a group to Ash Barrens in search for him because we thought he might have gone to play with puppies. Alas, our search ended in vain.
Here is a picture of him from the last time I saw him, if you could spread it around. Anyone who finds George and brings him to me will receive a handsome reward. I hope he is found before he meets a similar fate to Creed's pony! I will continue to search the lands for him.
Update from Coldy: Well, Var gave me a new Ponycorn whom, I have named King George the Second. I am still looking for my original George though.